[consulting] groups.drupal.org

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed Apr 5 08:33:21 UTC 2006

This is actually a follow up on the consulting call.
Groups.drupal.org is still being built and isn't really open for
public consumption yet. BUT...we're starting to use it to both define
what it is going to be and to start hosting various special interest
groups.

I've set up a Drupal Camp group (http://groups.drupal.org/groups/
drupalcamp) of which Gregory Heller is the owner.

If anyone wants to step up and commit to helping build/maintain the
actual groups.drupal.org site, you can ask for a subscription to the
maintenance group at http://groups.drupal.org/maintenance. I've also
roped in the DEP folks. All of these are in part group activities, so
it seems to make sense to put all the energies in one place.

One of the items that was also discussed was putting a consultant
directory on the same system. If someone wants to drive this, I can
set up a group to discuss that. Actually, thinking about it, if this
is going to have rich user profiles, a simple "consultant" bit in
your user profile might be the basis of a directory on the groups
site...

Cheers,

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595