[consulting] groups.drupal.org

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed Apr 5 17:11:05 UTC 2006

Wrong link: http://groups.drupal.org/groups/maintenance

>> I've also
>> roped in the DEP folks. All of these are in part group activities, so
>> it seems to make sense to put all the energies in one place.
>>
>> One of the items that was also discussed was putting a consultant
>> directory on the same system. If someone wants to drive this, I can
>> set up a group to discuss that. Actually, thinking about it, if this
>> is going to have rich user profiles, a simple "consultant" bit in
>> your
>> user profile might be the basis of a directory on the groups site...
>>
> I'd be interested in talking more about this.  I am not sure what you
> mean by simple "consulting" bit.

A checkbox, categorization, or other "bit" to flip to indicate that
you are a consultant/provider of Drupal services. I've added a few
fields to the user profiles on groups.drupal.org as an example. If
someone wants to make a complete list of the types of fields/
information that would be useful.

> Is the user profile on this site
> separate and apart from the user profile on drupal.org? would there
> be a
> way to link both user profiles? "see me profile on drupal.org" and a
> link over, you just put in your user id?

Currently accounts are not linked to Drupal.org. How to do this is up
in the air, but it's definitely part of the "plan" (in as much as, as
always, we're all volunteers here and everyone is pitching in time as
they can).

What I, personally, would like to see is the creation of a neutral
identity store backed by the Drupal community, where identities and
profiles can be authenticated against and synced with member sites. I
have some large companies offering support for this. But that's a
story for another post...

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595