[consulting] Drupal Primer Course

Sami Khan sami at etopian.net
Tue Apr 11 21:37:35 UTC 2006

Hey Adrian,

If you're going to go about doing this, I would be interested in being a
part of the process as long as its going to end up on drupal.org. Also I
have a partner who would also be interested. You could go about it two
ways, there could be a hacking approach and a clean-start tutorial
approach.

Hacking Approach:
You take a module, explain how it works, and then go through a sequence of
procedures to change it and add additional features to it, etc.

Clean-start stub tutorial:
You start fresh with something like a bunch of stubs and then add to those
stubs to complete a module. You can have different types of modules that
the users can complete, increasing in complexity. While you do this
process you explain in as much depth and breadth how the code that they're
acting is actually functioning. For instance when you first describe a
hook, you explain the entire hook system that Drupal has.

Those are some of my thoughts.

Regards,
Sami Khan