[consulting] Drupal Primer Course

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Tue Apr 11 21:45:06 UTC 2006

On 11 Apr 2006, at 11:37 PM, Sami Khan wrote:
> Clean-start stub tutorial:
> You start fresh with something like a bunch of stubs and then add
> to those
> stubs to complete a module. You can have different types of modules
> that
> the users can complete, increasing in complexity. While you do this
> process you explain in as much depth and breadth how the code that
> they're
> acting is actually functioning. For instance when you first describe a
> hook, you explain the entire hook system that Drupal has.
I definitely want to take this approach.

Although it's not just module development. There's theme development
too.
I would like to show people how to turn a static html mockup, into a
phptemplate theme, for instance.

I'd like to show them how to use already existing pieces to build
sites. I _definitely_ want to teach them
CCK and views, as I believe it will have the most impact on their
future development.

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy