[consulting] Drupal Primer Course

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Wed Apr 12 02:25:47 UTC 2006

On Apr 11, 2006, at 6:29 PM, Khalid B wrote:

> One more thing: should we bother with 4.6 vs. 4.7? Or just go 4.7
> full speed? The downside here is that 4.6 may live on longer than
> we would like to, and covering it would breath more life into it. On
> the other hand ignoring it may not be realistic.

This raises an interesting point. The success of Drupal over the past
year will mean that there will be much more demand for support of
4.6. In the context of a DrupalCamp type of lesson plan, 4.7 only
makes sense -- after all, it's geared towards new development, new
users, and/or new sites. But while 4.5 faded rather quickly, I
suspect 4.6 will linger much more, and depending upon future upgrade
paths, 4.7 could linger longer still beyond its own "expiration date."

Laura