[consulting] Drupal Primer Course

Sami Khan sami at etopian.net
Wed Apr 12 23:20:26 UTC 2006

> Adrian
>
> Things like CVS,  patching, patch queue, and such which are not really
> Drupal
> in and of themselves, can be touched upon in the course very briefly,
> or be under
> a further reading list or so.
>
> Let us not try to bite much more  than we (and the  students) can chew or
> cause them information overload.

I personally disagree to an extent, or perhaps agree if this is what you
meawnt... A lot of those things are not all that much information if all
you're trying to do is give them enough of an understanding so that they
can do what they need to. CVS -> checkout, check-in, diff, and as Adrian
said about checking out their distros from cvs. patching -> how to patch
Drupal with a patch from drupal.org and how to create a patch, etc. I
think the best outcome, though not one that's the short term goal, out of
this would be having additional developers actually become a part of the
dev community on drupal.org. I guess however that this would happen any
way over time as developers get more comfortable with Drupal.