[consulting] Static file hosting and scalability

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Fri Apr 28 22:51:42 UTC 2006

 I think that the truely functional integration of email + drupal +
 archiving is an important tool.

 So far, I have not ever been able to make that work as well as I need.

 And so for me, mailing lists work better than groups on groups.drupal.org

 The eventual promise of og2list and the hope that it will do what
 mailing lists currently do now is not a favorable direction.

 I would rather have seen you say:

   We have og2list working on groups.drupal.org and we have seamless
   integration of this mail list and groups.drupal.org such that
   you have the choice of using groups.drupal.org or to use the mailing
   list. And as a result, all conversations from this list are archived
   on the site at http://groups.drupal.org/consulting. You have the option
   of continuing to recieve email via the mailing list, or via
   og2list. You can activate og2list by: .....

 But that is not what you said.....

 What would it take to have functional seamless mail integration
 into drupal for groups.drupal.org, so that you don't force
 behavior changes, but you get the web side features that you want?

Boris Mann <boris at bryght.com> writes:

 % I wrote a longer piece on static file hosting and scalability and
 % posted it to a "consulting" group on groups.drupal.org:
 %
 % http://groups.drupal.org/consulting
 %
 % I would not be disappointed to close this list in favour of the
 % consulting group on groups.drupal.org. It will eventually have
 % og2list functionality installed. Thoughts?
 %
 % Cheers,
 %
 % -- Boris