[consulting] Re: Chamber of commerce website with Drupal

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue Aug 15 17:59:57 UTC 2006

Hello all,

Sorry to come into this a bit late, but I've only recently subscribed
and had been looking through the archives.

While not strictly a chamber of commerce, I have been working on a site
for a neighbourhood residents' association, for which one of the
mandates was to provide a business directory. The intent would be to
allow residents to enter in nearby restaurants and stores of interest,
as well as enough listings to answer residents questions of "where is
the nearest...?". The icing on the cake is the ability for members of
the association to write reviews of the restaurants and stores.

This is being accomplished, as Boris suggested (though I hadn't seen his
mail at the time I was doing this) using the CKK, views and userreview
modules. Using CKK we created a "business listing" content type. In
addition, the site uses location and gmap so that we can provide maps
and location information for each listing.

The site is still in development and not a lot of content has been
added, but there's enough there to demonstrate how it works.

- Evan