[consulting] Proper Collections Procedure

Rob Barreca rob at electronicinsight.com
Thu Aug 17 19:04:32 UTC 2006

Gunnar Langemark wrote:
> Right  but - Reality usually kicks in at this point, and you continue
> working while waiting for the money. So give them short payment terms.
> 8 days or so.
> (OK - I'm not in the US, but in Europe (Denmark)). I payment is late -
> work is too. Unless of course they have a good explanation (could they
> have?).
I usually request the initial payment(s) to come through PayPal so there
is no waiting for work to begin while payment is "in transit". Once you
get down the line and build a good relationship with a client, you can
feel safe about avoiding the PayPal fees and do it through standard mail.

Rob Roy Barreca
Founder and COO
Electronic Insight Corporation
http://www.electronicinsight.com