Guild (was Re: [consulting] Proper Collections Procedure)

Henri Poole poole at civicactions.com
Sat Aug 19 22:21:07 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 14:22 -0700, Boris Mann wrote:

> On 8/19/06, Henri Poole <poole at civicactions.com> wrote:
>

> I'm not against anyone taking the initiative and setting up a
> "guild" (is that what the Marketplace on groups.drupal.org/marketplace
> is becoming? I don't know...) but it makes me VERY uneasy.
>
> Drupal itself already has the reputation of being very insular in
> nature. I would like to continue to work to grow the ecosystem of
> developers that "know" Drupal...everything from best practices around
> the API to the "best practices" of community involvement. I suspect a
> guild-like structure will prove even more of a turn off / barrier to
> additional developers entering the community.

You may be correct. A formal guild may be the wrong route.

Does anyone know of examples of projects (like a typical FOSS project)
that are done for publishing documents related to business processes? It
would be nice to have a repository for things related to operating a
services business. Things like proposal examples, legal language for
licenses, samples of professional services agreements, internal
operational tools related to scheduling resources, templates for project
kickoff meetings, major deliverables, post mortem meetings, spreadsheets
for managing profit and loss, etc. etc. etc.