[consulting] Selling Drupal to consultants

gunnar gunnar at langemark.com
Sun Feb 12 19:01:55 UTC 2006

Sounds like me.
I don't think it will be easy. If the company has a business model which is
not Open Source based it will be hard to change that. The very fact that a
company OWNS its code, is often very important to the owners. It may be the
closest a modern IT company comes to owning anything tangible.

> If I can get an actual discussion on the table somehow, any
> suggestions on how to sell both my fellow developers and designers
> and management on Drupal? They made it clear when I was hired that
> we're not an open source shop, since I'm a big open source fan,
>  although we do current use some LGPLed stuff in various places and
> we make it a point that we always own the code, not the client.  I
> want to wedge that door wider, for my own sanity if nothing else. :-)

Gunnar Langemark
gunnar at langemark.com