[consulting] and they call it drupalcamp

Aaron S. Pava aaron at civicactions.com
Thu Feb 23 18:51:08 UTC 2006

I think the key question here remains "what is the objective" of the
camp/weekend?

For me (at CivicActions) the biggest need we have right now is not module
development (plenty of PHP pros are already doing that) or additional Drupal
functionality - but finding *available* quality developers who have the
html/css/php/xhtml/tableless-design/w3c-standards mad skillz _already solid_
and who just need to put that package into the Drupal framework. (a bit like
Aaron Welch's presentation at OSCMS for Beginning Drupal Programming, but
for a WEEKEND, led to qualified, kick-ass developers) You _could_ coordinate
it with a conference... Or just plan 3-4 of them for the year in different
parts of the country...

I see 12-18 developers in the class. $500 or so... Two or three days. Folks
like Chris Messina, Matt Westgate, Aaron Welch, Rich Orris as facilitors.

This is not about core development - or documentation. This is about
building solid developers, not code.

Aaron