[consulting] Drupal Professions Shop Conference Call

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Thu Feb 23 19:39:47 UTC 2006

On Thursday 23 February 2006 08:30 am, Gregory Heller wrote:
> Jason,
>
> It doesn't sound like you are the target participant for this call.  The
> target participant is a representative from a current Drupal Shop
> (consulting firms specializing in drupal deployment, drupal development,
> etc).  The idea is for shops that are doing lots of Drupal work to talk
> about the work they are doing so that folks know what is going on in the
> industry, any major client funded module development, and the challenges
> that we are facing (like not having enough developer resources, etc).
>
> This call is not intended for individuals who are dabbling in drupal.
>
> -Gregory

I am not dabbling in Drupal.  It is a career shift that I am actively in the
middle of.  I sold my computer consulting company in November, because I
wanted to pursue something more like this.  Some days it's a little scary,
dropping everything you have and heading in a different direction.

Also, I'm not really ever planning on being part of a shop.  It's not the kind
of person I am.  I will probably always be a lone cowboy, though I'm not
above working with others to achieve a common goal.  But, who knows what the
future holds for us.

I can appreciate, however, that you really only want people who are currently
already "there" to participate in the conference.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/