[consulting] Drupal Curriculum - License Policies

Dan Robinson dan at civicactions.com
Fri Feb 24 23:31:18 UTC 2006

>> Can I suggest that we (including the bigger shops) agree to a policy
>> around the license for our co-creative curriculum works so that we
>> can freely rip, mix, and burn for the benefit of the community (and
>> also gain access to derivative works)? I'm particularly fond of CCSA
>> for this type of work.
>
> All of Bryght's online docs have been CCSA from the beginning. I
> specifically asked for the NC part to be dropped from handbook
> licensing so that commercial vendors could also be peers.
>
>> One last suggestio n - Can we stop attacking new members of the
>> community that are trying to contribute by saying that they haven't
>> contributed yet. Hello, that's ridiculous. It will shut down new
>> contributions by shaming newbies.
>
> Not sure where this is coming from? Can you let us know? This is not
> the usual course of action I have seen from the community as a whole.
There was some "I haven't seen CivicActions contribute much" recently -
take a look through the posts - it is sprinkled there and about.

> Although I *do* hope to see http://cvsweb.civicactions.net move
> anything useful to the wider community over the Drupal CVS :P
It is already happening - we have always wanted to be in sync with
Drupal (the mothership) since we started.  It has been an adventure
getting there.  We are *fully* committed to contributing back to the
community.  BTW - Owen Barton has been killing bugs, and we recently
funded some of Allie Micka's work which was rolled into some modules
available to the community.  We "get" it - just give us a little time to
execute.