[consulting] Distributed Loads, Failover and Dynamic Content

Michael Haggerty mhaggerty at trellon.com
Sat Jul 15 02:03:37 UTC 2006

Right now, we are using rsync to keep our servers synchronized.

We tried unison, and found it had too many limitations despite the fact it
is really a wrapper for rsnyc.

There are technical reasons why we cannot take the following approach which
I have used in other clustering situations. There is a way to have multiple
clustered servers use a single, common filesystem. Mount a share from a
separate server to each of your Web servers and point the DocRoot on each to
the mount. This works really well and may be the best option available.
Makes backups a breeze.