Videocasts for Drupal (Was Re: [consulting] Calendar with Outlook Integration)

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Thu Jun 8 18:43:49 UTC 2006

On 6/8/06, Laura Scott <laura at pingv.com> wrote:
> On Jun 8, 2006, at 11:03 AM, Boris Mann wrote:
>

> > +1 for common look and feel, that these are Drupal videocasts. A slide
> > including who created it and contact details is appropriate as well.

I like the idea of a "drupal bumper" and then a separate contact bumper.

I'd be happy doing that instead of my previously proposed idea of
doing a customizable Drupal bumper.

> My own two bits on this is that the important thing to consider is
> whether we all use the same Drupal theme, with roughly the same
> configuration in terms of what blocks are where, in order to avoid
> confusion.

Yeah, so, for me part of the reason to do this is that users need a
guide for how to use their sites.  So, if I'm creating it for a
specific site then I'm going to demo the function on that site with
it's specific theme.

As nice as consistency is in some things, using different sites and
themes in each videocast will showcase the variety of looks and
features could also be seen as a plus: Bluemarine everywhere isn't
going to show Drupal's best side...

I like the idea of having a mish-mash of different themes in the
videos.  It also lowers the barrier to contributing a video - if
people have to create a "raw" installation for each movie that just
means more work before you can even start making the movie.

Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com