[consulting] Help with Forrester Corporate Blogging Survey

Henri Poole poole at civicactions.com
Wed Mar 22 20:31:18 UTC 2006

As you've noted, I've found Forrester to be one of the more truth
oriented research firms. In 2000, they produced a very good report for
the Free Software (and Open Source) industries.

Forrester forecasted (in 2000) that "deflation will hit the software
market. Free/Open Source will displace 20% of license dollars by 2004".
Forrester believes that by 2004, companies will have fully embraced
Free/Open Source and will spend 20% less on software licenses as a
result, revenue will move from license to services and support.

They have written many good reports that have helped the FOSS movement
(unlike Gartner, which, last time I looked, was a FUD factory for MS).

-Henri