[consulting] Drupal Development Tools

Carl Parrish lists at pcl-consulting.com
Thu Mar 23 02:18:03 UTC 2006

Khalid B wrote:
>> What do you use to develop Drupal? Have you got any tools that you have
>> developed to make life easier for you ? Is anyone looking at building any
>> kind of developer toolkit?
I'm using Zend Studio. Great syntax highlighting support, Subversion
support. PHPDoc support, sftp / ssh and remote and locate debugging, add
in Zend Platform and debugging can't get any easier. I'm so looking
forward to the next version of Zend Studio though it will be based on
Eclipse and so will have all the advantages there (ie. PHPUnit2 etc...).
It also has a mysql tool which I suppose is alright for some reason I
still tend to use MySQL admin and MySQL workbench though. I think
subversion is a must. I've been using PHPUnit2 but I'm concidering
moving to SimpleTest. I should have said this is my general PHP setup as
I've just started coding in Drupal but so far I don't see any reason to
change my tools.