[consulting] Drupal server requirements

Lists listout at accidentaltechie.org
Mon Mar 27 19:39:43 UTC 2006

"John Handelaar" wrote:

> Harry Slaughter wrote:
>> John Handelaar wrote:
>>
>>> And ferchrissakes don't let Drupal's installer use
>>> MyISAM.  You'll need InnoDB.
>>
>> Do you have any references to the reasoning that suggests InnoDB over
>> MyISAM? I have been under the impression that MyISAM is preferable in
>> situations where reads are much more prevalent than writes
>> AND where
>> transactional support is not required. I'd be extremely interested in
>> learning if/why this is not actually true.
>
> Out here in the real world, replace that with "MyISAM
> is a total disaster in any high-traffic environment
> where WRITEs occur at all".

Okay, so you've cursed and spat your argument at us, but where during the
install process are we supposed to "[not] let Drupal's installer use
MyISAM"?

Although I'm very new here on this list, I'll go ahead and register my
opinion that it's much more helpful to provide a method when you make a
recommendation -- or at least point to some reference, follow-up or how-to.

And since I'm offering opinions, while I'm hardly a prude, Puritan or
censor, I really find these two inclusions...

> Repeat until you're fucked.

and

> OK, I'm done with today's MyISAM-is-a-piece-of-shit routine.
> But I'll be here all week. Come again, tell your friends,
> try the fish.

... to be out of line, inappropriate for adult conversation in this forum,
and without any relevance to anything other than your own inability to
distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate social conduct.

It's hard to take your "technical" recommendations seriously in the context
of this kind of communication.

--
Gary