[consulting] cms on one server, static content served elsewhere

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Fri Mar 31 14:01:28 UTC 2006

Op vrijdag 31 maart 2006 05:30, schreef Hugh Esco:
> Due to some bad experiences with with cracked php
> applications, the public hosting available to one client
> prohibits php apps.  I have a sandbox server hosting an
> installation of drupal, where the cms is being used to
> allow a client's key volunteers to build content.
>
> I want to use wget -prx to crawl my dynamic sandbox site and
> rebuild a publically accessible and publically advertised,
> but static site on their public server.
>
> Has anyone here done anything like this?  Can you advise me
> of what loose ends I ought to look for?

I did it. You only need to pay attention to the BASE tag. It can play nasty
with you. In fact you will want to run some replacement code over the static
site, in order to find any http://sandboxserver.com/ links.

Another thing you will most probably need, is pauthauto. Make sure you let it
build urls like /posts/my_first_post.html otherwise you are stuck with
thousands of directories like /node/1/index.html

disclaimer, we used this to deliver a static site, which was phase one. We
knew phase 2 would be the delivery of a dynamic CMS. nasty :)

bèr