[consulting] cms on one server, static content served elsewhere

Michael Haggerty mhaggerty at trellon.com
Fri Mar 31 17:41:25 UTC 2006

A good program to look at for this is HTTRACK, it's open source and does a
number of wonderful things for creating static copies of dynamic sites.
Among them:

- Automatic rewriting of links in pages, stylesheet tags, etc.
- Scriptable, can exclude content based on user defined criteria
- Creates self-contained versions of the Web application, all collateral
items (images, downloads, etc) are made part of the copy.