[consulting] NYS Senate Democratic Leader needs Technology Interns

Noel Hidalgo nhidalgo at mac.com
Wed Mar 1 20:34:18 UTC 2006

Good Afternoon,

The New York State Senate Democratic Leader, Senator David A.
Paterson, needs a few good technology interns. I am part of Senator
Paterson's central staff and we leave no stone unturned, no stick
unbroken, no technology path unexplored.

Contact: Noel Hidalgo
Digital Communications Coordinator - MIS
nhidalgo at nysenatedems.org
(212) 298-5566

------ intership 1 ------

NEW YORK STATE SENATE DEMOCRATIC LEADER
Spring 2006 Internship Program

Unpaid Intern position:  Digital Communications Assistant, Technologist

Conference digital communications staff, intern will assist in the
support and development of technologies used to convey and support
the Conference legislative agenda.

Qualifications: We are seeking candidates who are undergraduate or
graduate students, quick learners, self-motivated, reliable and able
to work under pressure and with deadlines.  Familiarity with standard
office PC technology (Windows, Office, basic network knowledge) and
ability to troubleshoot technology issues is required.  Pluses
include experience with any of the following technologies:  Windows
Server/Active Directory, Microsoft Access, MySQL, Linux
administration, php, xhtml/css/javascript, Drupal/CivicSpace.
Previous experience in tech support, systems administration and web
application development are also a plus.

Internship Program:
Time period:  Spring Semester: February 2006 thru May 2006
Days/Hours: Minimum 15 hrs/week
College Credit is offered
For college credit, intern will be required to complete one case
study paper
Interns will be asked to complete a brief evaluation of internship.
May lead to a paid position for the right candidate

------ internship 2 ------

NEW YORK STATE SENATE DEMOCRATIC LEADER
Spring 2006 Internship Program

Unpaid Intern position:  Digital Communications Assistant, Web Designer

Conference in conveying their legislative agenda to constituencies
throughout New York State.  Working with the digital communications
staff, intern will assist in the visual design of the Conference web
site and related web sites.

Qualifications: We are seeking a candidate who is and undergraduate
or graduate student, a quick learner, self-motivated, reliable and
able to work under pressure and with deadlines. Strong visual design
sense, experience with digital design tools (e.g., the Adobe suite),
and a familiarity with basic concepts of web design are required.
Experience with XHTML and CSS are ideal.  Experience with any of the
following technologies is a plus: php, javascript, Drupal, CivicSpace.

Internship Program:
Time period:  Spring Semester: February 2006 thru May 2006
Days/Hours: Minimum 15 hrs/week
College Credit is offered
For college credit, intern will be required to complete case study paper
Intern will be asked to complete a brief evaluation of internship.
Paid position is possible for candidate with the right mix of experience