[consulting] (Project Management) How many are DEFINITELY upgrading to 5.0?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Nov 29 03:18:54 UTC 2006

Thanks, all, for the responses.

To clarify:

  * most of my major changes have already happened.

These include the transition to CCK, a brand new URL filtering system
which is supa-powerful, and some other minor tweaks under the hood.
Likewise, Case Tracker has been pared down into a "core" module
(casetracker.module) and then major features have been spun into
separate modules (casetracker_views.module, casetracker_xmlrpc, etc.).

Once I finish the core module, save for bug fixes and small improvements
(like weighting for case states), I don't see a huge whole lot of new,
worrisome, development happening under a 5.0 branch - not to core at
least [1]. Most of my plans would be new add-on modules.

The 4.7 release I plan will be "full-featured", not "well-featured". The
goldplating I've been doing has turned into a "all around overhaul" and,
while there are still minor things to do, it is quite close to my
vision: a new and slim foundation that can be easily expanded.

I expect, solely because I haven't written it yet, the 5.0 README.txt to
include some "case scenario" examples, and if you want to read about
those, you can certainly grab the README and apply them without
upgrading to Drupal 5.0.

Anyways, don't hesitate to ask me further questions.

[1] Ok, well, there's a redesign of case states in my plans, but
     nothing that a regular update.php wouldn't solve and convert.

--
Morbus Iff ( the power of grayskull compels you! )