[consulting] Issue tracking for clients

Jenny Hsueh lists at ondemand-network.com
Tue Oct 24 00:35:40 UTC 2006

Morbus Iff wrote:

>>There is case tracker which is more generic than
>>

> > just software development, but I have no used.
>
>I am the (new) de facto maintainer of Case Tracker.
>
>The reason I am working on Case Tracker lately has been because I plan
>to use it internally to replace a Basecamp installation. I have much the
>same requirements: Client A should not see that Client B (or really, any
>other client) exists, much less see their actual issues.
>
>Instead of building this into Case Tracker, my own design incorporates
>CCK, Case Tracker, and Organic Groups. I first start with a "project"
>CCK type of my own creation. I then make this both an Organic Group AND
>a Case Tracker project. With this small beginning, I now have the
>ability to restrict Client A from Client B, simply by making the Group
>(ie. "project") a restricted membership (invite only) that is not listed
>in the Groups directory. Case Tracker cases can then be created in this
>Group (ie. "project") and they'd remain hidden, again, based on Organic
>Group visibility settings.

Will be interested to see what you got here.

Has anyone looked at this project?  http://www.activecollab.com/  an
opensource version of  Basecamp-lookalike. My initial thought was that
we  might be able to build a plug in so it is nicely integrated with
Drupal, here is the project roadmap
http://www.activecollab.com/pages/29/development/roadmap. Or we can
"borrow" some code and make a Drupal version of basecamp.  I played with
it a couple months ago, it does feel and functioning like basecamp and
the installation process was a breeze!

We also thought about using OG and other Drupal modules, but it all seem
to be a lot work to build something that is intuitive enough  for
non-technical folks to report troubles.

Jenny