[consulting] Issue tracking for clients

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Tue Oct 24 19:44:19 UTC 2006

> I wonder if you are refering to my worklog module.  It records duration
> entries as a node type.  And it supports timers which you can start, pause
> and end.  However it does not _require_ the timer.  You can create a worklog
> entry from scratch as you would create any other node.  If it's not the

I am, and yes, I realize that the timer isn't required (or rather, I was
told by someone else testing it). From a design perspective, however, I
just don't see how something like "1 hour" (literally the string "1
hour", represented internally as 3600 seconds) is strong enough to be
its own node, especially when dozens of these sorts of entries may be
required before one "issue" or "case" is actually finished (and then
cumulated into a final duration for the task).

--
Morbus Iff ( rootle-dee-tootle-dee-toot! )