[consulting] Basic doc for consulting clients

Jakob Persson jakob at jakob-persson.com
Thu Oct 26 14:58:33 UTC 2006

I see. I still think the tutorial I'm working on doesn't overlap.
There's still a gap of sorts in the current docs. Users are assumed to
already have a good understanding of what Drupal essentially is. A lot
of people have heard that it is a CMS, but they do not know what a CMS
is or what it can do, more importantly, do for them. The documents never
talk about what Drupal is and how it's actually used. The only text
remotely similar to an introduction to how Drupal's components can be
used to build an actual application or site is the list of terms.

I've been trying to write in such a way that any John Doe can read,
understand and apply it and quickly get a sense of how Drupal works and
how it can be used by seeing how Drupal's concepts and terms apply to
real life examples of common website features.

I intend to write my text in such a way that it can added to the
handbooks eventually, and it won't be available only on my site. I'm far
from finished though.

Jakob