[consulting] Issue tracker specs

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Oct 26 21:15:13 UTC 2006

>> Thus, our 'monkey' node type:
>>
>>   * allows new fields to be added to it (CCK),
>>   * is an Organic Group with subscription options (OG),
>>   * is a Case Tracker project that cases can be assigned to.
>
> So if you have more than one project you have to create a new CCK node type,
> or the various 'monkey' nodes can be projects themselves? It seems to me that
> Drupal operates in the manner of the latter, but your final statement above
> sounds like you are saying it does the former.

'monkey' is a *node type* (ie. structure/framework/schema) which, in my
explanation, has a base of CCK, and is valued added with OG and Case
Tracker. You make *nodes* (ie. content/data) with a node type - such
that you could create twenty nodes ("A", "B", "C", ... ), all of the
'monkey' node type, all with the properties above.

To say it in your own words:

   "the 'monkey' nodes can be projects themselves"

Though, more accurately:

   "the nodes, which are of the 'monkey'
   node type, can be projects themselves"

--
Morbus Iff ( oh, i wish i was a hoggle )