[consulting] Credit card donation/payment gateways

Andrew Cohill cohill at designnine.com
Mon Apr 16 17:25:34 UTC 2007

Take a look at Click and Pledge.....good guys, very easy to set up,
no big up front fees.

www.clickandpledge.com

Andrew

On Apr 16, 2007, at 11:47 AM, Bill Fitzgerald wrote:

> Hello, all,
>
> Over the next couple weeks I'll be setting up a payment gateway for a
> client. They currently do not have the capability to accept
> payments via
> credit card (ie, no pre-existing merchant account) but when their site
> goes live in early May they would like people to be able to donate
> online via a credit card.
>
> My initial inclination is to set up a gateway via PayPal, and then
> switch to a more permanent solution after the site launch.
>
> So, my questions are:
> 1. Any recommendations for payment gateways? Anybody have a good
> experience with a particular vendor they would like to share?
> 2. Any advice that I can pass on to our client as they set up the
> merchant account/payment gateway? They will be doing this themselves,
> and from what I can gather do not have a lot of experience setting
> this
> up. I've set up gateways in the past, but it's been a while (maybe 12
> months?) and I'd like some feedback from anyone who has done it more
> recently/on a more regular basis.
>
> This is for a client based in the US.
>
> As always, thanks for your time/insight.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill
>
> --
> Bill Fitzgerald
> http://www.funnymonkey.com
> Tools for Teachers
> 503.897.7160

Andrew Michael Cohill, Ph.D.
President
Design Nine, Inc.

Design Nine provides visionary broadband architecture and engineering
services, telecommunications and broadband master planning, and
broadband project management.

Visit the Technology Futures blog for frequently updated news and
commentary on technology issues.
  http://www.designnine.com/news/

http://www.designnine.com/
Blacksburg, Virginia