[consulting] Credit card donation/payment gateways

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Mon Apr 16 23:49:15 UTC 2007

Hi,

I know that Google/Paypal are not the best, but 1 thing they have over
using someone like Authorize.net or another merchant facility is that
they you really need to install software on your site to handle the
donations.

With Paypal you can just add a HTML to the site and Paypal will handle
everything. No overhead of software on you site to handle the donations.
(I am not sure about Google Checkout as I have not used it)

Generally for someone that doesn't have any E-Commerce/donation type
system I would recommend going with Paypal first and then later if they
feel this is not the best fit, or require more from the system then take
the next step to a E-Commerce system/Donation system.

Gordon.