[consulting] Draft Spect for RFP

Stephen Wills developer at blessedherbs.com
Fri Aug 10 10:34:43 UTC 2007

After some examination of the Drupal and Ubercart application I have
come up with the following specification of a piece of work I need a
quote on.  Could I get feedback as to wether it is specific enough to
expect reasonable bids for the work?

I wish to have the view-cart node the is rendered by Ubercart
modified such that the  second panel, which when configured to get
quotes from UPS online tools, will currently only gather quotes for
the US to have a country drop-down list.

The country drop down and postal code text-box should work in concert
to product shipping quotes internationally.

Quotes will likely be produced for several shipping methods, i.e.
Ground and 2nd day air.  I wish to have these quotes displayed with
radio buttons associated with them

When a user, having provided a country/postal code combination and
having completed calculating a shipping charge, then selects one of
the radio buttons, the corresponding shipping charge will then be
rewritten into a line item in panel one, which already has the
shopping cart line items and a sub total in it.

I am looking for this functionality to use Jquery so that there is no
page refresh involved.

The user experience of calculating shipping and dynamically adjusting
their shopping cart total should all occur prior to the user finally
clicking the checkout button.

What do you think, guys?
Steve Wills
Blessed Herbs.