[consulting] Planning for future versions

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Thu Aug 16 22:55:41 UTC 2007

On 8/16/07, Victor Kane <victorkane at gmail.com> wrote:

> And if all of us did this, we could share solutions, difficulties, etc, I
> think that would be great for the community.

And if we all contributed unit tests every time we touched code, we
would be certain that it would continue to work.

Larry, from my POV, it comes down to the needs of the particular site
and the actual launch date. Starting today, Drupal 5. Once you start
getting into other modules it becomes difficult, with i18n in
particular being a tricky one.

If you can, backload the development around areas where you think
there will be flux. Then you can make a go - no go decision around D6.

But that is just guidance for your particular case. My rule of thumb
is to stick with current version UNLESS you are already in RC
territory.

--
Boris Mann
Office 604-682-2889