[consulting] Planning for future versions

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Fri Aug 17 17:26:36 UTC 2007

On 8/17/07, Mehboob Alam <malam at thinkx.com> wrote:
> Also, we are planning on moving certain sites to the Bryght VPS
> servers.. is there an easy way to clone the site, besides D7's
> functionality? Just looking for pointers, in case I've missed
> something already posted online.

Well, if you've done clean setup of your site, then the following
steps should work no problem (not specific to Bryght):
* clone DB using mysqldump (truncate watchdog, sessions, etc.)
* zip up files directory

Then, import the DB on the new server and unzip files.

You may additionally need to work with symlinking modules as needed
into sites/all/modules or sites/example.com/modules

Anything else should probably go to support at bryght.com rather than on
list here :P We're happy to help out with that.

-- Boris