[consulting] preview of a home page

Michael Haggerty mhaggerty at trellon.com
Mon Jan 8 11:56:52 UTC 2007

> Don't like it? Don't read it.

This is an incredibly myopic view of how to interact online with other
professionals.

I will skip the pleasantries; the reason for being on the consultants list
is to exchange ideas relevant to the business of consulting on Drupal
projects for the benefit of anyone interested. To the extent that messages
here are focused on that topic, the quality of the conversation will go up
and people will receive greater value from reading the insights of their
peers in other organizations. To the extent that conversations are focused
on petty rivalries, grousing about perceived slights, and other forms of
off-topic conversation, the value of the discussion goes down as
professionals (from whom you could probably learn a thing or two) go away or
just message each other personally. Everyone simply has more productive ways
to spend their time than arguing with list-trolls and no one benefits when
there is an exodus.

Just a thought, Evan, but perhaps it is a good idea to consider what you are
trying to accomplish. I fail to see how comments like this can benefit you
the same way actual conversations with people who know how to use Drupal in
a business context can. Perhaps Slashdot would be a better place for these
kinds of comments?

Thank you,
Michael Haggerty
Managing Partner