[consulting] Dedicated/Colocated Servers?

Mark Shropshire mdshrops at shropnet.com
Wed Jan 10 14:48:46 UTC 2007

I am using VPS servers with powervps.com. Have been with them about a
year. They can bring up a new vps in minutes. When there have been
hardware issues on the node or the raid array, they have moved my vps
to another node. Downtime is very minimal.. just a minute or so when
the nodes switch addresses.

Of course.. vps may not be enough power for what you need if you are
at the dedicated server level.. Just depends on usage.

In general, virtualization of servers is a great way to run test and/
or productions servers because a virtual server can be moved easily
and isn't tied to the hardware..

Thanks,
Mark