[consulting] Dedicated/Colocated Servers?

Steven Peck speck at blkmtn.org
Thu Jan 11 07:54:50 UTC 2007

The only time the company that is providing servers for your sites and
email should know you no longer rely on them for service is _after_
you've already gotten everything setup somewhere else and switched DNS
to point to your new IP Addresses.

Then if they in a fit of pique or whatever have no chance in hell of
dragging their feet over domain name service transfers, sudden lack of
access to backups, gaps in time between killing your servers and mis
communicating the name transfer etc.....

You should control your Domains Names at all times independent of your
sites location.  Always.  Without the names, you are unable to have
services, sites and name recognition.

-sp