[consulting] Dedicated/Colocated Servers?

Richard Archer rha at juggernaut.com.au
Thu Jan 11 10:52:48 UTC 2007

At 7:05 AM -0500 10/1/07, Morbus Iff wrote:

>What are people using nowadays for dedicated or colocated servers?

I'm using ethr.net at present and I'm really happy with their
quality of service, response times etc.

I previously used Rimuhosting, also excellent service and support,
but their dedicated servers are in New York and I needed something
on the West Coast.

All my domains are with Tucows and delegated to my own servers
(I also have my own server telehoused locally here in Australia).

I also manage mail (in and out) for all the domains.

Personally I wouldn't want to host a site without complete control
of both the domain and the server. Without this control, if anything
goes wrong all you get is finger-pointing from all the other parties
involved... and a very, very pissed off client.

 ...R.