[consulting] Dedicated/Colocated Servers?

Mariano Barcia mariano.barcia at colaborativa.net
Mon Jan 15 14:37:36 UTC 2007

I like this approach, I am about to decide on a hosting provider (in the
west coast) but I have a question: if I need to have the database residing
in another separate box for security and performance reasons: how do they
deal with that? IMO, it is a pretty common configuration (web server + DB).
Do they have special MySQL farm servers or something? Or I just need to shop
for 2 VPS?

Thanks,
--mariano