[consulting] Best Way to Get Developer Expertise

John Thomas drupal.org-2007 at jt-socal.com
Sun Jul 1 21:10:09 UTC 2007

This is a request for help/thoughts on getting "Developer Expertise."

I sense a business opportunity for a Drupal site based on my current
business, but I need to further customize/simplify the site and add
features that current modules do not provide.  Further, I will need to
scale it and optimize it over time.

I have set up multiple Drupal sites on my self configured web and mail
server.  I have installed many models, and configured the modules.  I
have never built a module.  I have a finance background.  All my
computer skills are self taught.

It seems I can:
1. hire a consultant to add and customize my site,
2. learn and do it myself (book is already on the way), or
3. bring on a partner with expertise.

These choices each have obvious pluses and minuses.  Anyone have less
obvious thoughts on these choices or experience to share?

If you are a developer in Southern California (Southbay of LA preferred)
and would like to talk about partnering, please contact me off list.

--
Sincerely,
John Thomas