[consulting] Consulting directory

Chris Geoghegan chris at imagexmedia.com
Thu Mar 22 16:55:18 UTC 2007

> In all honesty, it's nice,  but its not huge. It helps somewhat in
> marketing, but only if you can duplicate it or produce the same
> quality of work.

There are a lot of 'not-so-good-looking' Drupal sites out there.
Without people who can make good looking Drupal (who may or may not
also contribute modules), Drupal would not be picked up by bigger
corporations/companies/organizations and Drupal would not be as
popular. I haven't done vast research into this, but I am basing this
off my experience. Getting a site to do what you want it to is only
half the battle. Usability and design are necessity. One of the
reasons I love Drupal is you can theme it so that it doesn't look
like a content management system. That has been very important for
our business and our clients. I believe that this would also be very
important to developers/designers who are part of the community and
receive funding from their clients to build contributed modules.

~Chris