[consulting] What is "theme design" anyway?

The Golden Condor ! tgcondor at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 03:14:19 UTC 2007

Looking at all these designs, and getting my hands dirty
experimentally, similar questions to Laura's came to my mind: How does
one learn to create a good theme? And by good I mean one that well
written, maintainable, easy to modify, and less likely to have
security and other bugs. I've seen some "snippets" or drupal.org, but
in most cases they're just snippets. And there aren't enough of them
to create a complete picture.

I a feel that a few case studies that walk through the development of
a good looking (not necessarily $$$ worthy) design illustrating best
practices in theme development would be a great asset to the Drupal
community, especially for the new comers.

Cheers,

Tony A.A.