[consulting] being a listed consultant

Roshan Shah roshan.shah at bpocanada.com
Fri Mar 30 17:44:51 UTC 2007

>One problem with PayPal, a payment can be reversed for arbitrary
>reasons.. I've heard some horror stories, but no personal experience
>.. yet..  knock on wood :)

Mehboob,

We had a real bad experience with Paypal some time ago when we just
started to get our services business up. Like any start up at that time,
we could not imagine that it was possible.  A Customer(an Individual) in
this case used a third person Credit Card to make a Paypal Payment and
then filed a dispute for no reason.

As you stated - "paypal payment rules can be reversed for arbitrary
reasons" and they just don't have desire or willingness to assist in any
dispute resolution. They just took the emails and proof we sent and I
presume just shelved it. Over the course of time we tried to find out
what Paypal did. Paypal won't even tell you what they did to protect
seller's interest - when you ask them, they will say, its in user
agreement that Paypal will not  disclose any information on what they
did and you have to issue a subpoena to get anything from them - Yikes!!

We learnt it the hard way and I would certainly recommend other service
providers to stay away from Paypal.

Better option would be - like Len said in his earlier email is to screen
a client carefully. We did not do it at that time when we were a small
start up but now we are very careful, whom we take on as clients.

Today we don't accept Paypal payments any more.

Roshan Shah
BPO Canada
604-630-4292