[consulting] Hiring People

Henri Poole poole at civicactions.com
Thu May 17 15:27:15 UTC 2007

Where is the recruiting effort giving you trouble?

We have found that our client need strategic advise in several areas
which include (not necessarily in this order of importance:
* grassroot organizing
* online and offline community building
* search engine optimization
* technology (scaling, availability, interoperatility, integration)
* internationalization

What types of strategic services are you looking to provide?

We also reach out to our clients and look at trends around them to
determine what strategic services they may need in the future. Depending
on the types of organizations that you are targeting, you may find
certain services that are more important to a number of them.

As for the actual recruiting, we tend to provide strategy from within
our organization. This may include our engineering team members, as well
as project managers - who have a particular knowledge about the areas of
interest to our clients.

-Henri