[consulting] Encourage people to post jobs on groups

Earnest Berry III earnest.berry at gmail.com
Fri May 25 13:45:18 UTC 2007

Yeah, I think it falls into 3 categories though:
1. those who need a quick job done (20-40 hours). Perhaps one time or from
time-to-time.
2. those looking for a FT person (employee).
3. those with large RFP's looking for a team and/or company to take on a
project.

The main issue is that those who post in any of those categories seem not to
be able to ever target the audience they are looking for. E.g. a large RFP
will get a bid from a 1-2 man team (when its really a 6-7 man job), or
someone trying to get a FT person will get responses from people/companies
offering hourly consulting or some time of remote/part-time work.

Whatever job-posting solution comes out of all this, there needs to be some
good definitions of the different categories, and ways for people to post
and filter on those categories.

IMHO

- E