[consulting] Drupal association membership pricing survey

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Mon May 28 02:24:23 UTC 2007

On 5/27/07, cybermalandro cybermalandro <cybermalandro at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am curious as of how many successful open source projects and communities
> had already taken this path. I do think is a brilliant idea.

Not sure. Drupal likes to do things "first" :P

I wanted to note that this IS a combined survey for corporate AND
individual memberships. Some of the memberships may make sense for
individuals (icon on Drupal.org) and some for corporate (e.g. press
releases on the association website). As well, corporate memberships
at certain pricing levels may include XX individual memberships.
So...please do fill out the survey twice, once for your company, and
once for you as an individual.

The list of benefits is an *example* of the types of things we might
be able to bundle with membership -- e.g. with 5000, 10000, etc.
members, there are all sorts of member benefits that are possible
(think Drupal credit card :P). The goal is to have benefits, however,
that make the membership fee worthwhile above and beyond "it helps
fund Drupal-related activities, infrastructure, etc".

So, we're gathering info now, and hope to have a truly kickass reason
for everyone to get a membership. And feedback, please!
--
Boris Mann
Office 604-682-2889