[consulting] Drupal.org advertising proposals requested

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Tue May 29 18:07:16 UTC 2007

I think I'm on the same wavelength as Laura  (maybe it's because I lived in
Boulder once upon a time).  +1 to what she's saying.

And some additional specifics:

I'd be really teed off if I had to burn bandwidth and download time to see
ads when I'm trying to get the latest news, find a handbook page, check
issue queues, etc. on drupal.org.

When I'm trying to get something done, waiting for advertising to download,
or being forced to click or scroll to see the rest of my content because ads
are taking up page real estate are among the most annoying aspects of the
Internet that I can think of.  There's a reason I use aggressive ad blocking
and filtering proxies on my browser -- I hate that crap!

So, my final advice on advertising on d.o properties is:  tread very
carefully when deciding, and don't piss off more than a tiny minority, or it
will be a regrettable decision.