[consulting] Drupal.org advertising proposals requested

Dan Robinson dan at civicactions.com
Tue May 29 19:47:16 UTC 2007

this is becoming a very long email thread indeed.

I thought I would point out (sorry if someone has already done this)
that Craigslist obtains income entirely from a single source.   They
charge people to place "Help Wanted" ads on their site.  That's it.
It's like $25 per post.  They bring in a lot of cash.  So for proposals
I would suggest -

- You look at a similar model of asking people to pay for certain kinds
of access to the community, and
- That a "tip jar" with recommended "tips" for different things should
be added to the site asap.

It seems reasonable that we could build a culture of contribution and
people could contribute small amounts as they daily interact with the
community.  Just think of what kind of income streams could be
established if people were aculturated to donating small amounts of $
every time they got help, read documentation, installed Drupal, used a
new module.

Dan