[consulting] Advertising on Drupal.org with Adsense - trial continued

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Fri Nov 30 08:44:11 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am pleased to inform you that we are now offering targeted
advertising on Drupal.org for hosting and paid-services, using Google
Adsense.  We are still in a trial phase but plan to run Google Adsense
through the end of the year while continuing to receive feedback from
the community.

If you are interested in bringing your Drupal related products or
services towards a very targeted audience, you can sign up for AdWords
and use site targeting.
(placement targeting) to advertise directly on http://drupal.org.

Here are some relevant help center entries to get you started:
http://adwords.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=18265
http://services.google.com/awp/en_us/breeze/3004915/index.html

The Drupal association has selected Adsense for a trial, as we found
it more effective than running our own ad program.

The hosting pages on Drupal (http://drupal.org/hosting) are averaging
nearly 1000 page impressions per day and the services forum
(http://drupal.org/paid-services) is averaging 1700 page views per
day.  These pages are for a very focused audience who are interested
in buying services or getting professional help.

If you are interested in advertising on Drupal.org we would encourage
you to consider trying Adsense to reach out for customers and
prospects.  We are also working on an affiliate sales program via a
header banner ad for those forums as well and will  provide more
information as it becomes available.

If you would like to support the Drupal association directly you can
do so by becoming a member of the Drupal association. You can learn
more about membership at the association's website
(http://association.drupal.org/membership).

Thank-you for your interest in supporting the Drupal project.

--
Sincerely,
Kieran Lal