[consulting] Contract > Developer liable for bugs?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Aug 6 22:17:18 UTC 2008

>     "The Consultant will also be responsible for any damage, loss or
>     liability (whether criminal or civil) of or suffered by  the
>     Company ... in connection with any act or omission of the
>     Consultant ... In order to compensate for this, the Consultant
>     agrees to resolve any issue with his code (and his code only)
>     as it arises at no additional cost to the Company. Correcting
>     the problem code is the limit of liability to which the
>     Consultant will be held."
 >
> Sounds fine since your limit of liability is to fix the code.

My concern is that "limit" only applies to the "liability" trifecta of
the first sentence, and not the "damage" or "loss" responsibilities.

And I can't afford a lawyer, much less
one who knows international software laws ;)

--
Morbus Iff ( a blivet is 11 pounds of manure in a 10 pound sack )
Enjoy: http://www.disobey.com/ and http://www.videounderbelly.com/