[consulting] Contract > Developer liable for bugs?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Aug 6 22:35:57 UTC 2008

> I'm worried about the first sentence as well, and wonder if the parts
> you've elided make those clearer.  There's no way that fees paid could

They don't - the parts I removed were related to other Agents of the
Company or myself (i.e., if I subcontracted someone to finish my code
for me, I take responsibility for his errors too).

> cover your liability in a criminal matter.  I would strike "whether
> criminal or civil" and add language to strengthen the limit --

Yeah, "whether criminal or civil" I'd want changed to "as defined
herein" or etc. to refer to the "correcting the problem code" limit.

> something like "The total and aggregate liability for damages will be
> the obligation to correct problem code or to reimburse the fees paid
> for creating the problem code."  This give you and out if, for
> example, it will take you eight months to rewrite a flaw in code that
> took you three days to write.

Heh, good consideration.

--
Morbus Iff ( if god is in me, he is a tumor )
Enjoy: http://www.disobey.com/ and http://www.videounderbelly.com/