[consulting] Drupal as a partner

Andrew R. Kelly arkelly at cognisync.com
Wed Aug 20 20:48:03 UTC 2008

>Never mind the URL. I was just wondering about the legal use of it. I'd
probably tell them myself that it's a bit ridiculous.
I think it's more of will to show off that you have many friends, but it
is a bit weird (the logo is Drupal's, so I don't think the confused with
Acquia.)

As a start-up, having a partner program depicted on your website helps (a)
make you appear to be a real player in the market and (b) helps give context
to what you do and clarify your business without a large investment in
marketing expenditures.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with *showing off*.

On the legal front there are legal ramifications from depicting an
organization as a partner, so if you do you should have at the very least a
verbal agreement in place, just makes sense.  Last thing you need is a
prospect going to a defined partner to inquire about you and have them
respond "who?".

Andrew